If you’ve lost one or more teeth from tooth decay, gum disease, or an injury, dental implants might be your perfect smile solution. What can you expect during the procedure for dental implants in Plantation? Keep reading to find out!
The Procedure for Dental Implants in Plantation
You can expect to go through the following steps when getting dental implants in Plantation:
- You will consult with your oral surgeon to find out if dental implants are a right fit for you. If they are, your oral surgeon will then map out your treatment plan.
- If you have an inadequate amount of jawbone to support an implant, surgery may be necessary.
- Through an incision that is made in your gums, a small titanium post is implanted securely into your jaw bone and a temporary crown is placed.
- The post fuses with the surrounding bone in a process called osseointegration. This typically takes 2-6 months.
- Once your jaw bone is fully healed and osseointegration is complete, an abutment is attached to the post.
- A custom-made crown is then attached to the abutment to serve as the replacement tooth.
- Once your crown is placed, the dental implant procedure is complete. You can officially treat your new tooth just like your natural teeth
Now that you know what to expect, it’s time to begin your journey towards a complete smile. Get the best dental implants in Plantation at Oral Facial Reconstruction and Implant Center. Contact our experienced oral surgeons to learn more today!