Aside from good oral hygiene, regular dentist visits play a crucial role in keeping your teeth and gums healthy, and your oral health in check. Oral cancer screening Pembroke Pines also helps make sure that critical oral diseases like mouth cancer and lip cancer are diagnosed at a curable stage. That’s why you should never skip going to your dentist! In this article, we will discuss the important things you need to know about mouth cancer and the different treatment options:
Symptoms of Mouth Cancer
Most of the symptoms of oral cancer are mistaken for other oral diseases. That’s why you need to pay extra attention to your oral health. The moment you notice any abnormal growth or a persistent oral problem, it’s best to undergo oral cancer screening Pembroke Pines. Common symptoms of mouth cancer are the following:
- A persistent mouth sore
- A persistent jaw or tongue pain
- Abnormal growth of lumps in your mouth
- Any thickening inside your mouth
- Difficulty swallowing or chewing
Treatments for Mouth Cancer
- Surgery: If there are any tumors or abnormal growth inside your mouth, it’s best to have it surgically removed to prevent it from spreading and causing more damage.
- Radiation Therapy: It targets the cancerous tissues of your mouth with more accuracy, leaving your healthy tissues unharmed.
- Chemotherapy: Utilizes drugs to get rid of cancer cells throughout your body. Different chemotherapy drugs are used depending on the stage of the cancer growth.
- Targeted Drug Therapy: Interferes with the growth of cancer cells on a molecular level.
- Immunotherapy: It works by boosting your immune system to identify and kill cancer cells.
Where to Undergo Oral Cancer Screening Pembroke Pines?
If you suspect you have oral cancer, don’t hesitate to undergo oral cancer screening Pembroke Pines asap! At Oral Facial Reconstruction, we offer oral cancer screening services. Contact us for inquiries or visit our website for more info!