Wisdom teeth are usually the last teeth to appear. Wisdom teeth in Aventura are the third molars deep in the back of the mouth, two each in the top and bottom rows. They are impacted when gums and the jawbone block them from erupting. They are notable for creating dental issues ranging from minor to severe to dangerous. If impacted wisdom teeth are untreated, the gum around them can deteriorate, causing gum disease or tooth decay on nearby teeth. Identifying the signs of impacted wisdom teeth is critical and getting early medical attention.
Symptoms to Be Aware Of
Many apparent signs, mainly as the problem develops and the neighboring teeth are damaged, are present when wisdom teeth become impacted.
- Pain in the impacted tooth
- Temporomandibular (TMJ) joint pain radiates from the jaw to the skull
- Molar pressure in the back teeth
- Gums that are swollen, painful, and bleed
- Swollen glands in the neck and shoulder
- Abscess, inflammation, and gum-related tooth or gum drainage
- Bacteria- and infection-related bad breath
- Chewing is uncomfortable and difficult
- Enlargement of the neck's lymph nodes on occasion
Treatment for Impacted Wisdom Teeth
A panoramic X-ray can be used to find wisdom teeth that have become impacted. Before they deteriorate and start to cause debilitating pain, your dentist can detect them and take action to treat them. Extraction is the best remedy for impacted wisdom teeth. An oral surgeon must perform the treatment if the tooth is difficult to access because the bone covers it. If you´re experiencing discomfort, call your dentist in Aventura and schedule an appointment.
Are You Experience Discomfort with Wisdom Teeth in Aventura?
Many different disorders can affect your mouth, teeth, and facial areas. In Aventura dental office, we specialize in the removal of wisdom teeth. Contact our dentist to set up your consultation if you think you might need to have your wisdom teeth removed.