When it comes to dental health, wisdom teeth can be troublesome. These third molars often emerge in adulthood and can cause various complications. Wisdom teeth implants have emerged as an effective solution, providing relief from pain, improving oral health, and restoring functionality. Today, wisdom teeth in plantation will explore the benefits of wisdom teeth implants and shed light on why they have become a popular choice among dental patients.
Facts About Wisdom Tooth Implants
Understanding Wisdom Teeth
Wisdom teeth, or third molars, typically develop around the ages of 17 and 25. These teeth may grow normally for some people. However, due to limited space in the jaw, they can cause discomfort, misalignment, or even become impacted in many people. Extraction of troublesome wisdom teeth is a standard therapy in such instances. But what if the tooth has to be extracted? This is where wisdom tooth implants can help.
The Advantages of Wisdom Teeth Implants
Wisdom tooth implants have several advantages over regular extraction. For starters, implants offer a long-term solution by replacing the extracted tooth, restoring natural oral function, and preventing future dental problems. Second, they aid in the alignment of neighboring teeth, reducing crowding or shifting. Furthermore, implants alleviate the discomfort and pain caused by impacted wisdom teeth. Furthermore, implants are meant to mix in with natural teeth, increasing aesthetic appeal and confidence.
The Implant Process
- Thorough examination: The patient goes through a thorough examination, which includes dental imaging and an assessment of overall oral health.
- Consultation: The treatment plan is discussed with the dentist or oral surgeon, who explains the benefits, risks, and expected outcomes of the wisdom teeth implant surgery.
- Anesthesia: To ensure the patient's comfort throughout the surgical operation, a local anesthetic or sedative is provided.
- Incision and extraction: To reach the wisdom tooth or the area where the tooth was previously taken, the oral surgeon makes an incision in the gum tissue. The tooth or any leftover pieces are removed with care.
- Implant placement: The dental implant, which looks like a small titanium post, is put into the removed tooth's jawbone socket. It serves as a substitute root for the replacement tooth.
- Healing period: Following implant placement, the patient starts a healing period that normally lasts several months. The implant integrates with the jawbone during this time, a process known as osseointegration.
- Abutment attachment: Once the implant has fused with the jawbone, a little connector known as an abutment is added to it. This is the piece that links the implant to the replacement tooth.
- Restoration placement: Finally, a crown, a custom-made replacement tooth, is fitted to the abutment. The crown is custom-made to match the patient's natural teeth in color, shape, and size, resulting in a seamless and natural-looking result.
It is crucial to remember that the particular steps of the implant process may vary based on the individual case and the advice of the dentist.
Want A More Detailed Wisdom Teeth Implant Process in Plantation?
Wisdom teeth implants have emerged as a reliable solution for individuals experiencing discomfort or complications due to problematic third molars. With their ability to restore oral health, functionality, and aesthetics, these implants offer a long-term and comprehensive approach to dealing with wisdom teeth issues. Consult with your dentist to determine if wisdom teeth implants are the right option for you and experience the benefits they provide.
With Oral Facial Reconstruction and Implant Center, you are guaranteed the best services money can buy! Contact us right away!