If you have problems with uneven jaw growth, TMJ issues, sleep apnea, or malocclusions caused by bone misalignments, orthognathic surgery in Plantation is a viable option. It can significantly improve your appearance in addition to addressing the condition of your jaw. We'll go over all you need to know about orthognathic surgery in this article.
Orthognathic Surgery and How It Works
Who Is a Candidate for Orthognathic Surgery?
This technique is for anyone who has one of the following conditions:
- Malocclusions that are resistant to orthodontic treatment.
- Lower jaw disorders, such as an undeveloped or overdeveloped lower jaw, can make eating, breathing, and biting difficult. It can also affect your facial appearance.
- Upper jaw issues such as an underdeveloped top jaw or an oversized upper jaw can make your teeth appear as if they’re receding or give you a gummy smile.
- Uneven jaws can cause facial symmetry issues, causing your face to appear off-center and tilting to one side.
What Causes Jaw Disorders?
Congenital deformities, jaw damage, or a late growth spurt can all cause jaw difficulties or anomalies. Other causes are as follows:
- Improper bite
- Acute trauma
- Dislocation of the disc between the socket and ball joint
- Teeth clenching or grinding
When Should Orthognathic Surgery Be Performed?
If you have any of the following symptoms, orthognathic surgery may be required:
- Chewing, biting, and eating are difficult
- Breathing problems
- Teeth that have deteriorated due to misalignment
- If none of the conservative treatment options work for you
What Are the Benefits of Orthognathic Surgery?
Orthognathic surgery can relieve pain, discomfort, and swelling caused by misalignment and jaw irregularities, in addition to restoring the functionality of your mouth and improving your overall look.
Where Can You Get Orthognathic Surgery in Plantation?
Orthognathic surgery could be the answer you've been waiting for. Our team of expert oral surgeons at Oral Facial Reconstruction will ensure that your operation is a success and a pleasant experience. For additional information, please contact us!